6/17/2013

Dear Father.

I should thank my dad's bosses for screwing things up so much that he had to come to Bangalore to fix them. Made an uneventful Father's day a memorable one.

We didn't do much. We cooked lunch, finished chores and talked. After a long, long time. Reminded me of the days when I was small and used to ask dad silly questions, which he answered in a way that a 6 year old could understand.

Things got difficult, he started working to keep us afloat and I missed him.

Then came the inevitable teenage years and with them, the feeling of "my dad doesn't know".

Yesterday was different. I was that kid again, and he, the hero I adored. We argued about a lot of things, just like the old days. I realised he still thinks I don't know much, just like the old days.

This time though, I know he is right. And there's so much to learn from him. Especially the cooking part.

No comments: